Cover the Spot Secrets
Scoundrels Forum
   "Inspiring confidence worldwide"
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 07:42:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
26207 Posts in 2846 Topics by 2665 Members
Latest Member: dava1
* Home Online Games Scoundrels Wiki Fellow Scoundrels Scoundrels Store Photos Calendar Joe Hep Saloon Help Search Login Register
+  Scoundrels Forum
|-+  Show Business
| |-+  Carnival Talk
| | |-+  Carnival Scams
| | | |-+  Cover the Spot Secrets
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cover the Spot Secrets (Read 40512 times)
Police Magician
Police Magician
Scoundrel

Reply #70 on: January 14, 2006, 02:41:54 PM

David L., I would have to show you in person how it can be gaffed.  A picture of it shows what it normally looks like.  I have the board with the discs, not the cloth type circle that can be stretched.  If you still want a picture, I will have to borrow a digital camera and take one.  The only thing you will see is some of the red showing around the discs.  Give me a couple of weeks and I will get you that picture.  If you would, email me and remind me.  Being that I am a little over 50, my mind seems to forget.  Thanks.

Steve,  Hope your radio broadcast went well today.  Let us know.

Glenn

Glenn Hester
PO Box 3095
Brunswick, Ga. 31521
www.policemagic.com
912-571-8071
https://www.facebook.com/PoliceMagic
Slim Chance
Scoundrel

Reply #71 on: March 18, 2006, 06:32:20 PM

You know Glenn, you just triggered my memory when  I played this game at the DeKalb County Fair. When the disks were dropped they did float just a bit after landing, kind of a lil' shift.
Steve V

Steve, I remember the person(s) involved at this booth just down from the grandstand.  A guy and gal ran it and they made it look easy.  I too played it and lost a few bucks trying.  Thanks for jogging my memory on this great carnival "game of skill". 

By the way, isn't it called the Sandwich Fair?  Just curious.   Wink

Slim Chance
Lemarchand
Scoundrel

Reply #72 on: July 15, 2006, 07:57:16 AM

Hi folks, I'm on Ian's virtual sessions and I asked there, but casting a wide net in hopes of getting an answer. What would the size ratio of spot:disks be? I want to use CDs as the disks and paint a larger spot to cover? I figure that CDs are identical and plentiful, I wanted to try using them.
IanKendall
Scoundrel

Reply #73 on: July 17, 2006, 12:07:32 AM

Ah, I misread your question on the session!

Still, the sums are the same. Darren asked about this last year, and I advised against it; mainly, the CDs are fairly large to manipulate, plus you have the problem of the hole in the middle, which may show some of the spot.

Anyway, the answer is 187.5mm

Take care, Ian

Ian Kendall - Edinburgh magician

www.IanKendall.com
Roscoe
Scoundrel

Official Scoundrels Poet

Reply #74 on: July 17, 2006, 11:37:23 AM

I've been poking around the Wiki site, and I can't find anything about this game.  It looks like a good one to add as entertainment for my Saturday shows.

Anybody know any good website editorials about it?

Grin ed

Poetry is magic with words, and magic is wordless poetry.
DaveV
Senior Web Lackey
Crew Boss

I'm a peripheral visionary

Reply #75 on: July 17, 2006, 12:48:18 PM

Ed,
Look one post above yours. Ian's the guy you need to talk to.

Charles Hutchens
Professor Plato
Scoundrel

How do I get my money out of your wallet?

Reply #76 on: July 18, 2006, 05:45:03 PM

Good evening, Gentlemen.

In "Carnival Secrets: How to Win at Carnival Games" by Matthew Gryczan, Chapter 2 is devoted to "Cover the Spot".  It has the necessary instructions on how to construct your own game, as well as diagrams on how to drop the discs.

Leonard "Professor Plato" Hutchens
Frank Starsini
Scoundrel

Reply #77 on: July 18, 2006, 08:12:36 PM

All I know is that I's 110 degrees, the state fair is gonna open and I want to win a sutffed animal!!!!

Fill me in!!!
x-poster
Scoundrel

Reply #78 on: July 19, 2006, 04:48:34 AM

All I know is that I's 110 degrees, the state fair is gonna open and I want to win a sutffed animal!!!!

Fill me in!!!

I'll give you a tip. If you want a stuffed animal, just pull the operator aside and offer to buy one. You aren't going to win the giant Pink Panther playing this game.

Maybe if you subscribe to Ians' virtual sessions and see the tutorial, and set up a game, and practice ALOT, you MIGHT have a chance of winning if you happened across the game. But it's not easy.

Say one more stupid thing to me before the final nail is driven in.
Police Magician
Police Magician
Scoundrel

Reply #79 on: July 24, 2006, 06:59:13 PM

I have to agree with Vandy, buy one.  We had a retail booth set up at our fair so those who wanted to purchase one could.  I could not control price, but I did control the modifications on their games.  I have not done a carnival game inspection for quite a while since returning to patrol.  I guess there will have to be another complaint for me to dust off my box and walk the midway once again.

Glenn

Glenn Hester
PO Box 3095
Brunswick, Ga. 31521
www.policemagic.com
912-571-8071
https://www.facebook.com/PoliceMagic
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print
« previous next »
Jump to: