stage silks for the slydini silks routine
Scoundrels Forum
   "Inspiring confidence worldwide"
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 11:21:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Prospective members, read this post in the "Welcome" area before joining. Thank you.
26185 Posts in 2838 Topics by 2655 Members
Latest Member: Battig Franck
* Home Online Games Scoundrels Wiki Fellow Scoundrels Scoundrels Store Photos Calendar Joe Hep Saloon Help Search Login Register
+  Scoundrels Forum
|-+  Our Other Products and Interests
| |-+  New Products
| | |-+  stage silks for the slydini silks routine
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: stage silks for the slydini silks routine  (Read 5956 times)
Frank Starsini
Scoundrel

« on: March 30, 2006, 08:47:42 AM »

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aItem.cfm?itemid=56

We've got some new products on our website including
large 30-inch stage silks for the slydini routine.

Thanks for looking,
Frank
x-poster
Scoundrel

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 11:47:14 AM »

Frank,

I have a question. And, this is asked out of a complete ignorance of the actual Slydini silks themselves. So sorry if it's out of line.

I have seen alot of silks advertised for this routine. Penguin had the infamous "Sly Silks". I often here people say that the "Sly Silks" and others were not made out of the "proper" material. I've heard that they should be made out of a parachute type material?

I know the routine from Malones DVDs and I'm intrested in trying it. But I don't know anything about the silks themselves. Are yours made from the "proper" material? Is there really a "proper" material to make these? Are the made with a material similar to the "Slydini Silks" made by Palmer magic for example?

Sorry for the question, but I know next to nothing about the actual Slydini silks.

Vandy

Say one more stupid thing to me before the final nail is driven in.
Frank Starsini
Scoundrel

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 01:05:07 PM »

They absolutely do not need to be made of parachute material, however, that material is fine.
Sometimes that material has too much "shine" and look very "dumb" in my opinion.

I've chosen a parachute type material that does not "shiine" for the smaller silks and I've chosen
a non-parachute material for the larger sillks. 

The material has to be strong (though it does not have to be) to take the abuse.
The material has to be bright  (red, orange, white, and other colors are great)
The material should not be bulky.
And the "hem" has to be done responsibly. Not too wide or bulky.

I've used a lot of different materials impropmtu for this effect and you do not have to use parachute material.
Often parachute material has nice weight to strength ratio but it is not the only material that has this nice ratio.

good question.

Frank
DaveV
Senior Web Lackey
Crew Boss

I'm a peripheral visionary

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 01:59:20 PM »

I have (somewhere in a box) the Draun silks for this. They look downright silly. Way too stiff, way too shiny. My wife immediately asked if they were gaffed. I'm sure the audience thinks the same thing. For now, I'm happy with Penguin's "Sly" silks in white. They're a low cost alternative to see if you really like it enough to add it to your act. Plus, right now Penguin is giving them away free for all purchases over $30.

Piccard
International Moefoe
Scoundrel

Mis'a'Kingfish..He Not Here!

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 03:41:23 PM »

The RIP-STOP Parachute...Material is the BEST...Often other material's are too heavy and will snag and or lock up...I'm not sure but I think the one's penguin's are making are made from the Right type of stuff....

The only thing that supersedes the absurdity of this situation…
Is our willingness to participate there in

VISIT MY NEW SITE
Scoundrel

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 05:28:43 PM »

At one time I had Draun's silks and they look horrible. You need sunglases to use those babies.

x-poster
Scoundrel

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 04:21:44 AM »

Thanks alot for the info guys!

Say one more stupid thing to me before the final nail is driven in.
ROBERT BLAKE
Scoundrel

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 08:24:29 PM »

here a a few ideas with the slydini silks. special thanks to Danny Hustle

http://buskerscafe.com/docs/3silkfinale.pdf

http://buskerscafe.com/docs/finale.pdf

P.S. Hope you don't mind that Whit? I'll be sending you my 3 shell game finale in the coming weeks

Robert 'COWBOY' Blake
www.robertblake.nl
ROBERT BLAKE
Scoundrel

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 06:33:56 AM »

well I just got the slydini silks 30" and they are great. nice material not funny looking and working like a dream. the 20" are great if you do the street or close up but if on a stage then this size is the size to go. what I like is the fact that you can do a bigger tricks with these silks alltough the trick stays the same.

good job, Frank. you have made my day a happy day.

Robert 'COWBOY' Blake
www.robertblake.nl
Curtis Kam
Scoundrel

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 11:19:35 AM »

Robert,

thank you also for those links to some of your handlings of the knots effect.  I've been trying to get the darn routine to play for many years, and never got quite the right angle on it.  But I think you've hit it right on the mark.  I have a new routine in the works, and the last two phases are the two you just so generously provided.

As if I needed another reason to buy Frank's silks.  Frank, do you have them in white?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: